The public is invited to attend the 25th anniversary celebration of the Plymouth Schoolhouse Restoration from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 2. on the campus of Fort Hays State University.
The Plymouth Schoolhouse, which has been located east of Forsyth Library since 1979, was constructed of post rock limestone in Russell County in 1874. In 1977, a group of volunteers began moving the schoolhouse stone-by-stone to its current location.
The school will be open for a living history tour from 9:30 a.m. to noon and from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. From 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Dr. Allan Miller, a former FHSU professor who was instrumental in the Plymouth Schoolhouse Project, will present "Plymouth Restoration -- Stories Out of School," and Dr. Paul Adams, Anschutz professor of education and professor of physics, will present "The Plymouth schoolhouse in 2004."
An $8 box lunch is available for those who reserve a place by Sept 28. The first 100 reservations will receive a copy of A Yankee On The Prairie by Miller.
For more information or to reserve a box lunch, visit www.fhsu.edu/coe/plymouth or call (785) 628-4204.